Why sleep is important ?
People always say that we should always go to bed early to get proper sleep so that we are ready for the next day but its not always the case . We sometimes get side tracked by chatting with friends on social media , getting things revised for the next exam or maybe there could be work pressure if your working.
So if we think carefully we should be asking our self what is sleep,why is it important and what will happen if we don’t get enough sleep?
Sleep plays an important role in our health and well being throughout our life. Getting enough good quality sleep has many benefits including protecting our physical and mental health,quality of life and personal safety. The key points for sleeping are:
- when you sleep , important physical and mental processes are carried out .
- Regular good quality sleep is important for brain function , emotional well being, physical health , daytime performance and personal safety.
- Research suggest that adults need at least 7 to 8 hours of sleep each night to be well rested.
- Not getting enough sleep is common and can have serious impacts on our health and well being
What happens if we don’t get enough sleep ?
The harm caused by not getting enough sleep can be immediate , such as
having an accident due to not being able to focus and respond quickly . Other effects can take years to develop , such as an increased risk of developing a chronic health problem. Lack of good sleep can lead to many things like :
- Excessive daytime sleepiness, tiredness and lethargy
- morning headaches
- poor memory and difficulty focusing
- anxiety and depression
- chronic health problems
- having car accident
- making mistakes at work, including causing accidents
Sleeping is the most important thing for any human being . So that
is why i suggest that we should all do our very best to finish our work early and go to bed early so that we get good sleep during the night and be fresh for the next day .